Welcome back, weary traveler! Please, as always, you are more than welcome to observe my inventory. Should anything be particularly fascinating to you, signal me and I’d be happy to tell you more! Of course, some of these artifacts are VERY dangerous and should be handled with care. Fortunately for you, the GREAT Zam’dul is happy to provide assistance!
Author’s Note: Making magic items from around the planes remains to be one of the most fun topics for me to tackle. As such, I really wanted to return to it so soon. With that, enjoy another sampling of weirdness from many a reality.
Planar-based parties are weird.
Planetouched. Such a term can be used to describe humanoids that have an ancestry shared with an extraplanar creature. The blood of fiends runs through a Tiefling, the blood of celestials in a Aasimar and the blood of elementals in Genasi. But, these are but a handful of creatures gifted by strange sources lurking in the known multiverse.
Among their ranks are other creatures, either blessed or cursed by their strange bloodlines.
- The Changeling is the result of a union between a mundane humanoid and an ancient magical creature empowered by corrupting sorcery, a hag or a bodach.
- Dream-Touched are born from the powers of two fallen archfey; one of pleasant dreams and one from nightmares.
- The Eldritch-Touched is an unfortunate creation of mad cultists, victims of dark gods and overly curious lunatics.
- Fey Dog Barkers are the result of Fey Dogs who wandered too far into the Maddening Winds of Pandemonium… those who didn’t go insane were changed, perhaps for the better.
- Finally, the Vitalborn are a race of creatures much like the Genasi. Their elemental nature, however, comes from the Positive and Negative planes.
AUTHOR’S NOTE: Not 1, but 5 new races! (Well, 3 new races, a sub race and a remake) I wanted to continue my planar/weird fantasy theme with some more player options. Most of this started with a player wanting a hag-blooded tiefling in an early 5e game… which didn’t quite feel thematically right to me. Though, it ended with the loss of famous meme “Gabe the Dog”… otherwise, the sub-race wouldn’t exist. Granted, Fey Dog was a meme-based joke creation to begin with.
All in all, I got carried away with a whole assortment of planar themed racial options at your disposal! While they need some playtesting (and some more than others), I’m still happy I managed to get all of this done. Enjoy.