“Haven’t had enough of the ol’ hunchback shopkeeper’s wares, huh? Well, there’s more where that came from!”
Here is a small helping of even more magical items for Halloween. Enjoy.
Author’s Note: I wanted to make a few more magical items in addition to what I made before. Also, more JoJo references? I figured why not, since Part 1 is airing on U.S. television. I had to hold myself from making anything Vento Aureo, Stone Ocean, Steel Ball Run or Jojolion because not enough people read the manga… and they should. Also, be on the look out for how many Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem references I can squeeze into one item.
Death Mask of the Blood Gods (Legendary)
This one’s kinda nasty, like from some worked festival. I wouldn’t pop it on your face, as it might try to do something funny. Well… funny to me, at least.
This drab grey mask looks as if it were made of stone. The face upon the mask carries a sinister glare, with fangs clearly showing from the shape’s lips. When placed on a face, nothing will happen without the activation action. This action is spilling blood upon it. Upon doing so, curling spines will dig into the victim, causing a terrifying glow to emit from the mask. More often than not, the victim slumps over… before getting up with a newfound blood-lust.
As an action, you may place the mask upon your face or attempt to place it on another creature. Upon success, if blood spills on the mask before it is removed, the target must make a Constitution saving throw (DC 25). Failure results in taking 55 (10d10) piercing damage. Success results in half damage. This damage counts as magical. If the target is killed by the mask or by subsequent attacks, the target returns as a vampire 1d4 rounds later. If the character is not killed while the mask is latched on, a Remove Curse spell still prevent the mask from turning the creature into a vampire.
CURSE. Until the victim is turned into a vampire, the mask will remain stuck to them.
Dark Blood Transfusion Kit (Rare), single use
Tainted blood? What’cha gonna do with that, huh? The folks I got it from, really creepy researchers! They looked all wild and crazy. That said, they proclaim it has healing powers. Careful when using it though, I don’t quite trust them. But hey, healing is always good.
A bottle of sickly and unnatural looking blood. It comes with a device to infuse the blood into your own veins in an instant. While painful, it fills you with the strange blood. As it fills your veins, you feel stronger and more capable. However, it can take a toll on your mind.
As an action, you may jab a blood kit into you. The amount of hit points you gain depends on your level. You may roll as many d6s as 1/2 your level. In addition, you gain 5 more hit points if you are levels 1-5, 10 hit points if you are level 6-10, 15 hit points if you are levels 11 – 15 and 20 hit points if you are levels 16 – 20. However, upon gaining these hit points, you must make a Wisdom saving throw (DC 15) or gain a level of madness. If you’ve gained madness within the last 8 hours, you gain the next step until you reach indefinite madness. See Chapter 8 of the Dungeon Master’s Guide for more.
CURSE. Overuse will result in the subject gaining the Curse of Lycanthropy.
Rune Spells of Eldritch Horror (Legendary), attuned
I… have no idea what these weird rune symbols mean or do. They hover and look sinister, that’s all I know. Are they from the Far Realm? Are they works of a strange cult? Is it a sign of the darkness coming? Who knows!? That said, I’m quite curious about the squiggly circle thing.
These sets of runes configure into patterns that create a wide variety of magical effects. The yellow ones depict a wide variety of spells that are still unlocked to you. However, the other colors depict alignments of various great beings… far detached from our reality.
Attunement takes an 8 hour rest period. The floating runes grant the following ability.
- Summon Eldritch Abomination. You may attempt to bring a cosmic horror into this world. You must wait until you finish a long rest before you summon again. Your choices are the following:
- Zombie. You summon a Zombie aligned to a special rune. See Also: Eternal Darkness Zombies
- Trapper. These creatures have 1 hit point, 8 AC, move speed of 20ft., blindsight 60ft. and the ability to cast a variant of Banish (which sends 1 creature or target of ANY type into its Trapper dimension.) Upon casting this, it dies. You must be at least level 6 to do this.
- Horror. You summon a Horror aligned to a special rune. (Take Ogre stats, give resistance to non-magical weapons, advantage against magical effects, Greatclub deals 17 (3d8+4) slashing as claws, remove Javelin, give Magickal Attack damage 27 (6d8) (Recharge 5 or 6), speaks Deep Speech instead of Giant, is an Aberration). You must be at least level 12 to do this.
- Magickal Attack. You can send a surge of energy into a foe. As an action, you may roll an attack roll, using Intelligence as your casting stat. This attack deals force damage based on your level. Initial damage is 2d8, it becomes 4d8 at level 6, 6d8 at level 12 and 8d8 at level 18. It has a range out to 60 ft./100 ft. Upon finishing this attack, you must roll a d6. If you roll a 6, you may use it the next turn. Otherwise, you must take a short rest to use this attack again.
- Protection from Abominations. You create a ward to keep out evil creatures. You cast protective barrier around yourself. However, it manifests in a 15ft. radius of where you cast it and stays there for the duration. Creatures who try to attack it cause it to weaken, but they must make a Dexterity saving throw (with spell save based on your Intelligence casting stat) or take 2d6 radiant damage. You must take a short rest before using this ability again.
- Empower Weapon. Your weapon glows with the same ferocity as the horrors you fight. You may cast Magical Weapon or Spiritual Weapon. The damage also deals force instead. You must take a short rest before using this ability again.
CURSE. Whenever you attempt to rest, you see visions of people who have fallen at the hands of the Ancients; a race of beings that use the same magicks as those symbols. You must make a Constitution saving throw (DC 16) or receive no benefits from that rest. In addition, you suffer a madness effect. You gain the next tier if you failed your save the previous night as well. This will eventually result in exhaustion.
IMAGE SOURCES: Grimoire photograph – Grimoire Fashion Store, Stone Mask – JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Phantom Blood (David Pictures), Blood Vial – Bloodborne (From Software), Eternal Darkness Magick Symbols – bananafire
Made by Doctor Necrotic, for Doctor Necrotic Media. All rights reserved.