The Faerie Realm of Arcadia hosts a wide variety of strange beings with fantastic powers. The so-called “Wyld Fae” are among the most adventurous. Many theorize that their ancestors have traversed the planes in the ancient past. As a result, they even share traits with other beings. Many purist and exclusive of the Arcadians consider these more cosmopolitan fae beings to be impurities, mutts, and other pejoratives. However, the bloodlines of the Wyld Fae tend to be creatures related to faerie beings anyway, making them a hybridized fey race in their own right. However, the Wyld consider themselves to be true to fae ideals of curiosity, exploration, and freedom.
Due to mixed heritage being common, their physiology and anatomy often varies. Some are brutish and bulky, like orcs, giants, and stronger goblinoids. Others are graceful and whimsical, much akin to their progenitors. Some look like shadowy versions of their original race bloodlines.
Racial Stats –
Ability Score Adjustment: Wyld Fae are typically confident and daring adventurers, skilled in the gift of speech in one way or another. You gain a +1 bonus to Charisma.
Alignment: Since most wyld fae typically reject the judgmental mentalities of the higher fae, as well value their individual identities and liberties as high priority, chaotic alignments are the most common.
Size: While small wyld-fae are a possibility, the vast majority of medium sized. Even though some border on large, they are also counted as medium.
Speed: You have a land speed of 30 feet.
Darkvision: Your faerie blood allows you stronger sight than other beings. You gain darkvision out 60 ft.
Fae At Heart: Your faerie bloodline has given you a wide variety of resistances within the mortal world. You are immune to effects that would put you to sleep. You also gain advantage on saves versus charms and enchantments.
Sub-Races: You may choose one of the following sub-races
Troll Blood – What you lack in fantastic looks, you make up for with feats of power and combat prowess. Also, looking terrifying makes up for lacking good looks too.
* Ability Score Adjustment: Your well defined muscles and typically hulking physique gives way to improved strength. You gain a +2 bonus to Strength.
* Powerful Build: You count as one size larger when determining your carrying capacity and the weight you can push, drag, or lift, similar to the Goliath from the Elemental Evil Player’s Guide.
* Built for War: From a young age, battle has been a part of your life. You gain proficiency in the short sword, long sword, battleaxe, and warhammer.
* Nasty Visage: You’ve used your scary looks to your benefit. You gain proficiency in the Intimidate skill.
Avariel – You are at home in wide open spaces where the sky is truly the limit. To you, confinement is the worst possible fate you can experience.
Ability Score Adjustment: You have a natural knack for being quick and flighty. You gain a +2 bonus to Dexterity.
* Wings: You have decently powerful wings, granting you a flight speed of 30 feet. However, you cannot fly while you are wearing armor heavier than light armor. Furthermore, your carrying capacity is cut in half while in flight.
* Claustrophobia: Upon first entering a narrow space or underground, the Avariel must make a Charisma saving throw (DC 12) or take disadvantage on attack and skill rolls until they take a short or long rest.
* Confident Speaker: You’ve learned that good speaking can save the day. You gain proficiency in the Persuasion skill.
Sprite’s Kin – You have a certain whimsical nature you can attribute to the forest fae like the pixies. From their blood, you are given the gifts of flight and the gift of gab.
* Ability Score Adjustment: You have a natural knack for being quick and flighty. You gain a +1 bonus to Dexterity and +1 bonus to Charisma.
* Fae Trickery: You have the magical prowess of your progenitor race. You gain Friends as a cantrip. Upon reaching Lv. 3, you may cast Faerie Fire once per long rest. Upon reaching level 5, you may cast Suggestion once per long rest. Charisma is their casting stat.
* Profound Curiosity: Nothing is off limits to you. The only way to truly know about something is take a close look for yourself! You gain proficiency in the Sleight of Hand Skill.
Night Kind – While many stereotype the darkness as evil, you know it as a place of tranquility, privacy, and safety. Your boons allow you sneaky tactics and stealthy potential.
* Ability Score Adjustment: You typically value knowledge to boost your trickery. You gain a +2 bonus to Intelligence.
* At One with Darkness: Once per short rest, when in a shadowy or dark area, you may vanish for 1 round. You are effectively invisible until the effect ends. However, you can end it before then by attacking a target or using a spell that doesn’t target yourself.
* Double Speak: You’ve honed the fine art of using lies to expose greater truths, or at least make things better for you. You gain proficiency in the Deception skill.
ART CREDIT: AlainaM
Created by Doctor Necrotic for Doctor Necrotic media.