“Tis but a scratch!”
DISCLAIMER: Neither the title nor these gaming contents are made to intentionally make fun of anyone’s preferred playstyle or gaming interests. The title itself is parody of angry rants on message boards. The mechanics are meant as alternative to what’s available. Enjoy!
Here’s some alternatives to the Fighter’s Second Wind mechanic, for people (like me) who’d rather replace it with something else. Enjoy!
- Pain Mastery – Gain advantage on all attacks and strength and constitution checks and saving throws until the start of your next turn. Suffer fighter level damage. This damage cannot be reduced. Gain 10 + fighter level temporary HP. If you take damage these temporary HP are lost first and they go away after 5 minutes. 1/ Short Rest
- Intensive Training – Gain 6 (1d10) + Con Level bonus Maximum HP at1st level
- Healing Resolve – 1/Short Rest – Gain 1d10 + Con HP when healed by someone else
- Second Temp – Fighter gains Temp HP instead. Possibly make it so it DOESN’T exceed Fighter’s maximum HP.
- Damage Resistance – 1/Short rest, Subtract Con Mod from Bludgeoning/Slashing/Piercing damage for 1 round. This DOES stack with Heavy Armor Mastery.
- ALT Resistance – 1/Short Rest, use Second Wind to gain Resistance against the next attack to hit you.
- Parry – 1/Short Rest, use a reaction to deduct 1d10+Level damage from an attack.
- Incredible Resilience – You gain an extra d10+Level HP when taking a short rest (or long rest, if using a variant healing rule set). You do not have to spend a hit die when using this ability, but you still can on top of HP gained from the ability.
Source – Monty Python and the Holy Grail