Player characters aren’t the only ones to reap the benefits of advanced technology!
The world of high technology and world of high magic aren’t mutually exclusive; whether through cataclysmic event or through development of society, the two will eventually intermingle and fuse into a new arcana. Some take this super-science a step further by magically fusing with the technology to become a cyborg in their own right. In Non-Magical settings, this implies an even more impressive level of technology to compensate.
Augmented Cyborg Template:
When a creature becomes a cyborg, it adapts traits common with constructs (especially robots).
- Immunities – They are immune to poison damage, the poisoned condition, the charmed condition and exhaustion.
- Resistance – They have resistance against all non-magical weapons, force damage, and psychic damage.
- Weakness – They are weak against lightning damage; whenever you take lightning damage, you must succeed a Constitution save of 10 or become incapacitated for 1 round.
- Targeting System – They can cast True Strike as a cantrip, you can choose which mental state you use for casting.
- Integrated Weaponry – Choose a weapon the creature is capable of using. The creature now has this weapon at all times and it cannot be removed, except through intentionally damaging the weapon attachment.
- Action Boost – RECHARGE 5 or 6, you gain an extra attack action as a bonus action.
- Automated Medical System – This creature gains use of the “Second Wind” ability found on the PHB Fighter class (Page 72).
- CR – Add 1 to the total Rating of the creature. You can choose to add another integrated weapon and make True Strike a bonus action for an extra 1 on top of that.
Image Credit: Skaldforge blog
Created by Doctor Necrotic for Doctor Necrotic Media.